Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The horse eating box part 2

Shorty is in disgrace. I can remember last fall when we saw the horse eating box while getting our shoes reset. Poor thing has had terrible nightpeoples ever sense. He lives in fear of the horse eating box. He has been so worried about ending up in the box that he doesn’t sleep well. Yesterday his human, a rather dim specimen if I do say so myself, was riding him around the arena. His herd-mate, of rather the same ilk, was trying to point a small black box at them. While I've never really fathomed what the box does, I've had it pointed at me several times and never felt any pain, so it doesn’t hurt to stand and stare at it idiotically like the humans do. Shorty saw the black box and feared he would be sucked into it and then displayed on one of those small grey boxes like the Clydesdales were. He took off bucking and kicking and dumped his human, hard. I heard the thump when he hit the ground clear down in the barn. It took awhile to catch Shorty, he came in all out of breath and his human was limping and saying derogatory things about Shorty's ancestors. Shorty has remained in his stall, and while I commiserate with him, I can’t help being exasperated by his foolishness. Everyone knows you get into the grey box only if you’re as big as a Clydesdale. A horse Shorty’s size would be shrunk so small you couldn’t even see him. More later.

No comments: